If one of your New Year’s resolutions for 2021 is to redecorate your home, your window treatments should make a statement. Here are some “must-know” stylish window treatment trends to watch for this year.
If the bedroom needs a makeover, you’re in luck because 2021 window treatment trends are all about harmony. Your curtains should help create a sense of warmth using fabrics and textures that carry the eye from the window to the stylish bedding and back again. Regardless of your sense of style, the key for 2021 is to find beautifully blended looks that create a sense of peace and calm. Even if you lean towards a more avant-garde aesthetic, you can still create a serene look by considering how your window treatments blend in with your largest, more prominent items, namely your bed and walls. If you plan to include an area rug, take that into consideration as well.
Floral patterns help bring nature into the home, with patterns ranging from delicate tiny florals, to more grandiose designs. It can be way to add drama to rooms with tired monochromatic themes and trends of the past decade or so. This trend uses florals to add a touch of softness or elegance without getting too bold or imposing. Popular colours in florals lean towards pastels, with some intensity gained from trending vibrant pistachio. Other popular colours will include creams, lavenders, soft mints, and powdery coral.
Window Treatments Go High Tech
Controlling window systems with the push of a button meets the demands of our ever-growing techy hearts. These window treatment trends take things to the next level allowing you to control privacy and natural light using a remote or even your phone. Some things to watch include:
- Automatic Roller Blinds
- Automatic Zebra Blinds
- Cellular/Honeycomb Blinds
Window Hardware Dominates
As 2021 arrives, there will be a shift towards using curtain rods and other accessories to accentuate the look of your windows. Design options therefore will expand in:
- Curtain rods and hooks in dark metal finishes for contrast
- Modern acrylic finishing elements
- Curtain rods leaning towards warm metal tones such as copper and brass
- Prominent sizes in curtain rod poles and filaments
These accessories all become part of the overall window system to create layers, textures, sparkle, and improved functionality in curtains and drapery panels.
Simplicity of Blinds
Blinds continue to offer simplicity for clean looks in new materials and designs including:
- Zebra blinds for the perfect combination of privacy and a view to the outside
- Roller blinds for a minimalist modern look that’s still functional
- Floral, softer tones that bring out the feminine energy in the room
- Unexpected fabrics like canvas, flax and burlap with contrasting edging, and highly elaborate baroque and classic ornamentations
These 2021 window treatment trends are sure to update your home and give your windows the attention they deserve.